Translate

Tuesday 21 April 2009

Kid me or kid me not?

So it's wedding update time.

In a nutshell, and not to get to slushy or anything, I'm marrying the most wonderful man I've ever met (cue the sickbags). I promise not to go any further. We got engaged over two years ago and I've been wedding planning ever since. Venues in the town I'm getting married in get snapped up very quickly, particularly for Saturdays in the summer. So we have a lovely venue, beautiful church, fantastic photographer, wonderful cake people, amazing wedding singer...

The RSVPs have been trickling in. We had 113 on the guest list and so far six definite no's. Because the venue is so popular, we need to hit minimum numbers of 100. Just to make doubly sure, we needed to firm up on the "maybe's". And so the time old question rises again: kid me or kid me not? In other words, do we allow little ones to attend or not? A few people have said if they could bring their kids, they would be there like a shot.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. In fact every wedding I've been to have had children of all ages (including drunken has-beens...) and they've all been lovely. I think if someone could guarantee me a sunny day... Ah well, I'll say my prayers and hope someone up there is smiling on me on our wedding day.

It's just that I also have visions of some little horror running around crashing into everyone, screaming his head off, with grubby baked bean fingers. Quite why I have this image I'm not sure, and maybe this is more of a reflection of the person I am, I don't know.

What I need is a sign, that's it, a sign. Or maybe some helpful person reading this post will helpfully post some words of wisdom in response. That would be really useful. So, to the unknown blogger that has yet to post, I await your wise words...

Well I can't make a decision without my fiancé, so I guess you'll need to find out next time what we decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment