Translate

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Does Kick-Ass kick ass or does it need its ass kicked...?

The lovely people at seefilmfirst sent me to watch Kick-Ass on the condition that I did my homework which is this write-up.

Actually the headline isn't so controversial and it's completely borrowed from the film.

Kick-Ass is a funny, laugh-out-loud feel-good movie which obviously has you laughing out loud (it does what is says on the tin), but there are also moments where you can feel yourself welling up. Or maybe that's just me, the sentimentalist. And I did feel a bit guilty laughing at the guy being heated up in an industrial microwave, and that's not even the funniest killing of a bad guy. Though that's enough of the plot spoilers.

I would say that this film made me want to join some kind of gun club at the weekend. It makes you want to be as cool as Hit Girl, though not obviously as sad as Kick-Ass himself, but every geek as his redeeming features and Kick-Ass gets his girl in the end as we all know he will.

This is a film that you could happily watch at the cinema, buy on DVD on pre-release and then watch with your friends when you have a popcorn movie night. It's fun and it knows how to laugh at itself too.

Catch it when it comes to a screen near you...

No comments:

Post a Comment