Translate

Saturday 20 March 2010

Lady Cross becomes a critic

I know there's no excuse to leaving my audience of 31 viewers (probably most of them were me) hanging in mid-air just before I got married, so here I am, back on the blog.

I've decided, in my wisdom as a married woman, to have a much more positive blog. Maybe it's the Yoga Hatha I've been doing at the gym, or maybe it's just that I've had a revelation, but all the negative angst about silly customer service must be raising my blood pressure, and that can't be a good thing.

So my new venture for my blog is not to moan, but to critique! I'm not quite sure which is worse, but I will give this a go and see what happens.

I've seen quite a few things for free through this brilliant website called seefilmfirst. You get sent codes to see films and show for free and they have a great range of locations to choose from around the UK.

On Wednesday, we saw Waiting for Godot with Sir Ian McKellan and Matthew Kelly. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much because I didn't want to have high expectations and be disappointed. And believe me, I was not. McKellan is not overbearing, and Kelly is overbearing and a larger than life character - but he's merely playing his role. I've heard bad things about Godot, but I very much enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who can get tickets before its run ends on 4 April. It's on at the Haymarket and after the performances finish in London, it's going on a world tour. Try to catch it before it goes.

That's me for now. Thanks for tuning in, and let me know what you think of my new PMA. I feel relaxed and enlightened already and hope you do too. Here's hoping you can also benefit from free theatre and cinema tickets soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment